Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful for so many things that it's hard to formulate exactly what I'd say if I had to sparse it down into a few sentences.  Basically, the opportunities that this year has provided me have been huge and I've met so many great people because of it: Recreation Unlimited, Bryn Mawr and England have all helped to make this year into something extremely memorable and one that I'll always be thankful for.  Mostly, though, it's been the people that have made the biggest difference, and I'm thankful to have met so many incredible individuals.  Finally, I can't forget the tireless support my parents have given me (and always will, I'm sure) -- thanks from across the pond, I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving!  Eat lots of turkey for me!

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, a bunch of us (American and British) are headed to a pub tonight to celebrate British style.  I have to take over coxing the Men's Novice B boat today because their usual coxswain has class (really unfortunate for him!), so that should also be a highlight of my day, as I haven't coxed an actual race in several months!  It's quite a short course, about 800m, but that makes the intensity even better.  Our Men's Novice A and Women's Novice A boats both made a spectacular showing yesterday and are going on to compete in the later rounds.  Our Women's Novice B also made a good effort.. while they lost their actual race, they had the opportunity to move forward because of an unexpected scratch in the competition.  Best of luck to them, as well!

I can't believe that there are only 9 days of term left.  Two essays to go!  Michaelmas has gone unbelievably fast, as I'm sure the rest of my time at Oxford will as well.. bittersweet!  I am very excited to start my winter vacation around Europe, though!  17 days of exploring Greece, Italy, Spain and France is going to break my bank but it'll be well worth it.  Many pictures to come, I assure you!

So, Happy Thanksgiving from rainy/cold England (as I'm sure it is in Ohio, as well...)... in hopes that you're all thankful for many things!

Stepping in to cox the men's novice B boat to a great victory at Christ Church regatta

No comments:

Post a Comment